As a MARC Scholar, students may receive two years of support that includes:
- Nearly full fall and spring tuition at UMBC plus mandatory fees
- A generous stipend, as defined by Federal standards, based on the length of appointment and to be used to help defray the cost of room and board.
- Support for summer research experiences.
- Support each academic year for research supply funding paid directly to each Trainee’s mentor
- Travel funds for approved scientific meetings
- Extensive academic and career advising support
- Required courses in Scientific Writing; and Research Ethics and Integrity
- Seminars and various activities
- Guidance in applying to graduate school
Note: Student payments and other benefits from participating in this program may have income tax obligations. For more information, please consult a tax professional and/or the IRS. You may also wish to review IRS Publication 970, “Tax Benefits for Education.“